Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- Membership in a supportive community that provides a “safe harbor” to discuss common concerns.
- Free registration at webinars and national meetings where superintendents learn from and interact with national and international leaders, such as Diane Ravitch (Reign of Error), Pasi Sahlberg (Finnish Lessons), Peter Senge (The Fifth Discipline), and Sir Kenneth Robinson on a one-to-one basis.
- A free copy of The Superintendent’s Fieldbook (2nd edition, 2013) written by four Roundtable founders. Hailed by AASA as “more than just a good read…an invaluable resource …that can guide a superintendent in everything from speaking before a Chamber of Commerce to explaining test data to the public.”
- Periodic written briefings on topics such as school finance, the Common Core, and issues of childhood poverty.
- Two semi-annual written newsletters, Roundtable News, electronic summaries of virtual speakers, and weekly online newsletters capturing the latest education news.
- Intensive educational study missions to schools in other nations (previously Finland, France, and England) at greatly reduced rates. In May 2019, the Roundtable visited Germany and the Czech Republic to explore career and technical education in Europe. Unfortunately, a planned 2020 trip to Australia was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Roundtable membership is limited, however superintendents interested in the work we do are typically welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about membership and we will get back to you immediately.