Here are some of the benefits of membership:
- Membership in a supportive community that provides a “safe harbor” to discuss common concerns.
- Free registration at webinars and a national meeting in November where superintendents learn from and interact with national and international leaders, such as Diane Ravitch (Reign of Error), Pasi Sahlberg (Finnish Lessons), Peter Senge (The Fifth Discipline), and Sir Kenneth Robinson on a one-to-one basis.
- The satisfaction of contributing to an emerging superintendents’ voice on vital national issues:
- Publication of How High the Bar? (January 2018), which analyzes the validity of benchmarks associated with NAEP/Common Core assessments.
- Publication of School Performance in Context (January 2015), which argues for taking social, economic, and cultural differences into account in international comparisons.
- Participation in a three-month long Education Week Blog (2014), which let superintendents discuss assessment on an equal footing with testing experts.
- A free copy of The Superintendent’s Fieldbook (2nd edition, 2013) written by four Roundtable founders. Hailed by AASA as “more than just a good read…an invaluable resource …that can guide a superintendent in everything from speaking before a Chamber of Commerce to explaining test data to the public.”
- Written briefings on topics such as school finance, the Common Core, and issues of childhood poverty.
- Two semi-annual written newsletters, Roundtable News, along with 10 monthly online newsletters capturing the latest events and news around schools.
- Intensive educational study missions to schools in other nations (previously Finland, France, and England) at greatly reduced rates. In May 2019, the Roundtable visited Germany and the Czech Republic to explore career and technical education in Europe. Unfortunately, a planned 2020 trip to Australia was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic
Roundtable membership is limited, however superintendents interested in the work we do are typically welcome. Please complete the inquiry form below to ask about membership and we will get back to you immediately.
Fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon